Thursday, March 3, 2011

Marinated Chicken

I have time for a quick post...

We have a long-time friend, who has since passed on, who I think came up with this recipe made famous at the Manti Pageant in Utah, only he used turkey breasts and grilled the turkey. Oh, heavenly...

Well, I like my crockpot, and the recipe is in my trusty crockpot cookbook by Debbie Harman.

But here is my twist because I ran out of soy sauce, I don't know, a week or two, or three weeks ago, and haven't replaced it!

So I used (eyeballed):

1 1/2 to 2 cups lemon-lime soda pop (soda, pop, soda pop, coke, depends on where you live, or where you've lived)
1/4 to 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce (I was pouring directly from the bottle)
1/4 cup olive oil (again, eyeballing, just drizzled it over my chicken in the marinade container)
3-4 chicken breasts

I buy frozen chicken breasts with no bones or skins. I could probably save some money if I wanted to, but these days I just don't have time to "prep."

So everything sat in the container for a couple hours, but then I thought I had better get it into the crockpot so we have something to eat this evening. I finished my rush files this morning, but I still have four regular files to finish before 5:00, hence the love of my crockpot...

**Dump the chicken and the marinade ALL in the crockpot and set on high for 3-4 hours.

I may or may not set the rice in my rice cooker to finish at 5:00... I have two really cool methods, fool proof - microwave in my Pampered Chef rice cooker or my fancy schmancy rice cooker (at the moment I have no clue what the brand is, but it has a "keep warm" setting). Spoiled, I know. And since I posted this originally, someone pointed out that I didn't say whether or not to include all the marinade (the two-star line above is new), I pulled out my rice cooker, Aroma brand, and followed the directions for my rice.

I'll dress up some green beans for a side and voila... dinner at 5:00!

Incidentally, I am a little anxious today as well because my oldest is going on a field trip to the school he will attend next year, middle school... I just want be the best mom I can be and teach him to be the best man he can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be kind!